Much more than a fashion, the organic textile eco-responsible has become in a few years an important part of the manufacture of all clothing. It occupies a significant place in textiles.
As a quality craftsman, it was impossible for us not to offer a range of bags made from organic cotton. We are sensitive to ecological issues and we know that there is still a long way to go before textile manufacturing becomes an environment-friendly sector.
However, it seemed important to us to make sure that the efforts made to make our bags clean ”while respecting the working conditions of the workers in their cotton plantations.
The cotton that we offer on the site comes only from India, the Mecca of the textile industry. Obviously, the country does not offer the same labor code as Switzerland. The conditions and regulatory hours are not the same and unfortunately business does not encourage social progress. However, it is possible to combine the two.
We are sure of it and that is why we strive to highlight the work of our collaborators who produce ecological quality while contributing to the improvement of working conditions because of this fact, they are paid at the fair price for their work. so as to live with dignity. This is our motto.
Requirements of our certification:
The Global Organic Textile Standard label must comply with ecological and social criteria applicable to the processing of certified organic fibers throughout the textile processing chain, from the cultivation of raw materials to consumers.
The following are GOTS certified:
a) products made from at least 95% certified organic textile fibers
b) products made from at least 70% certified organic textile fibers
The following criteria apply to the two classes above (a and b):
- The proportion of adsorbable halogenated organic compounds (AOX) must not exceed 1%.
- Toxic substances are prohibited.
- Aromatic solvents are prohibited.
- Chlorophenols (e.g. TCP and CPC) are prohibited.
- Formaldehydes, fungicides and biocides, halogenated solvents, fluorocarbonates, ammonium compounds and all substances banned nationally or internationally are also prohibited.
- The fibers must be bleached without chlorine.
- Dyes and optical brighteners must meet specific criteria.
- Buttons, zippers, elastic bands and other haberdashery must be made from natural materials.
- Wastewater from production must meet specific criteria before being discharged.
- Storage and transport must not generate pollution.
- Transport must be documented.
- The packaging must be made without polyvinyl chloride (PVC).
- The final products must be subject to quality control.
Working conditions must be fair: no forced or child labor, minimum wages, decent hours, at least one day off per week, environment that meets safety and health requirements, no discrimination, right to create unions.